Clicky

E-mini Executors: S&P confirms with VIX that a correction has started.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

S&P confirms with VIX that a correction has started.


This is a follow up to  to my last post.  At that time I noticed the VIX  was signaling that a correction was coming in the S&P.  I believe that today the S&P confirmed with the VIX that the correction has now officially started.  I have a feeling that there will be institutional and hedge fund selling now coming into the market.  I believe this because we have broken a major trend line and this is the first time we have been below the 50 day moving average since Sep. 1, 2010.  The question is where do we go from here?  Last time we had a violation of the up trend in the S&P it had a 120.89 point break the following week.  Last time the VIX violated its down trend it rallied 19.62 the following week.   Also noting that the MACD could soon turn negative in the S&P and the VIX MACD is already positive.  All that I know is today's action was very bearish and the buying has finally seemed to stop.   The down volume today was 88% of the up + down volume.  That is not good.  Looking at the charts I believe that next week could be a wild one.
www.eminiexecutors.com 877-470-2430 info@eminiexecutors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment