Clicky

E-mini Executors: Are true traders educating?

Monday, May 9, 2011

Are true traders educating?

I am writing this post due to my frustrations with the lack of true E-mini traders out there teaching people how to become professional traders. The amount of disrespect I am seeing from traders claiming to be professionals or the biggest traders from their pit (which I know for a fact that they weren't even in the top 100) really pisses me off. If they actually got hit on a big trade I am not sure that they would even know what to do with it. The top traders from the S&P pit are either retired or trading on screens, not teaching people how to trade E-mini's.  There are a few big traders still in the pit, but they are just passing time. I talk to all of my friends from the pit and they say the same thing to me over and over, "the lack of volume in the pit does not allow us to be players anymore, the E-mini has completely taken over". The biggest players on the street are all E-mini traders. Lets face it, E-mini traders have dominated the market over the past few years not pit traders. Yet a lot of people who have big followings for education on E-mini trading are guys who have made money as pit traders (or at least claim that they have) and decided to make money teaching people how to trade E-mini's. These guys couldn't trade their way out of a paper bag on the E-mini but they claim that they are professional E-mini traders.  Don't get me wrong, many of the concepts from pit trading apply to screen, but E-mini trading is an entirely different animal. Don't even get me started on the guys that traded E-mini's for a year or two and made a few bucks then start a company based on their past success.  They had a 6 month run in trading E-mini's and then suddenly they become an expert.  The only thing they are is lucky.  They now make more money selling b.s. strategies on how to trade on the screen.  They don't talk about mindset, approach, a complete trading plan or even as basic as a morning routine to get yourself prepared for the day.  They just believe that strategy is the answer and leave out the most important part, the mindset.  The mindset is what gives you the ability to execute a strategy without hesitation.  It leaves emotion at home where it belongs.  I guess more power to them if people are buying it, but i'm not buying it.  I know what it takes to have a career in trading and that takes more than 6 months to figure that out.  I have been in this business for 15 years, trading for over 13, and I still struggle at times.  No matter how good you are there are times where you just don't have it.  The key is to recognize this and limit it.  I am involving myself in the education business to really help people become successful at the greatest job on earth.   My passion is trading.  Everyday that I can sit in front of the screen and trade it is a privilege.  I often wonder if any of these so called education guys even have accounts that they trade for themselves? Do they even trade everyday?  I doubt all of the above.

I don't want to totally bash the education business and I will definitely give props to some of the education guys out there, but for the most part they are all salesmen.  As far as I am concerned a professional trader and educator is someone who pays their bills with the money that they make from trading, not educating.  90% of my income comes from trading not teaching. Teaching people how to trade gives me great satisfaction and I take it very serious.  Teaching people how to trade is all about giving people  a chance to truly become successful, not telling them where to point and click.  It all starts by giving them the correct mindset and proper trading plan. I wish that I would have been able sit down with a trader that was successful and learn how to trade directly from them.  It would have saved me a lot of time, money and pain.  I still believe that no matter who teaches you how to trade that you will have months of growing pains.  I have been around some of the most talented futures traders ever to put on a jacket and it still took them time to become successful.  The best advice I was ever given by a trader was "99% of people who try to become traders fail, learn to be the 1%".  I learned that the one thing that they all had in common was passion to be great and a trading plan that promoted growth, not limitations.  I have spent countless hours in front of my screens learning strategies and creating rules trying to put together a trading plan that would put me in that 1%.  I have accomplished that but it is still a constant challenge to maintain it.  Although I have had more heartbreaks and struggles than I wish to remember, I would't trade it for the world.  Trading has taught me many life lessons and given me the freedom to live the life that I always wanted.  I remember the first four years of my trading career when I must have been told to quit over a hundred times.  Quitting wasn't the answer - instead I taught myself to become the 1%.
www.eminiexecutors.com 877-470-2430 info@eminiexecutors.com

4 comments:

  1. 'As far as I am concerned a professional trader and educator is someone who pays their bills with the money that they make from trading, not educating.'

    Not bashing but why don't you release some sections of The Manual for free to help educate? $1000 dollars is a lot of money for most who are learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I offer a Morning Brief for $1 per day to educate traders on the current environment of the market. The Morning Brief takes me up to 40 minutes per morning to produce. I have offered this service for free to many traders that are struggling and also willing to give free advice if I can.
    Pertaining to the Trading Manual being too expensive at $1000 dollars. It cost me over $50,000 in trading losses and expenses plus 4-6 years of my life before I figured out how to make a living trading. I would have loved to only had to spend a $1000 to get the correct mindset and a complete trading plan.
    I would be happy to work with any person that just cannot afford the manual. This would have to be on a case by case basis.
    I have to be conscious of my customers that have already paid for the manual. Not a single person who has purchased my manual or has gone through my mentorship program has been disappointed with the results.
    I appreciate that question and any other feedback that you might have. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any other questions. info@eminiexecutors.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply Anthony. I respect the answer and thank you for your efforts with the Morning Brief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please email me your email address. info@eminiexecutors.com

    ReplyDelete